How to create a test order
To practice creating orders in Candid you can use our house test account to make some test orders if you like. Instructions below can be used for either sellers or buyers.
To get started, go to your Seller HQ or Buyer HQ and click the button that says New Order:
Step 2 On the next screen, you will see a search box. For test orders you will be using our house test account Candid Wholesale:
After you select the company name Candid Wholesale, you will see a blank order form next:
If you are a seller, you can then practice adding products from your own catalog to the order. For buyers, you can practice making test orders using the Candid Wholesale test catalog.
Prefer to create your own test company?
That's totally ok! If you're a seller and would like a better idea of how your buyers will experience Candid you can create your own test company from the perspective of a buyer.
Important Note: You will need to use a separate email than the one you originally used to sign up to Candid with.
- Log completely out of Candid (make sure extra tabs/windows of Candid are also closed).
- On the Candid sign-in page click Create Account.
- Select Add Company Manually (do not enter your own company's URL!).
- Make sure you use a different email than the one you use for your seller account.
- Fill in any details you like but make sure you put the word TEST in your test account name.
- Select Buyer as your status.
- From the Buyer HQ click New Order.
- In the seller search field enter your seller accounts business name.
- Fill out an order form with some products from your own catalog and click submit to send the order to your seller account.
When creating a buyer test company you will need to add the test company manually. You can do that by clicking on Add Company Manually. This will allow you to bypass the need to enter a website URL for the test account. If you try and add your seller websites URL you will get an error message since that company was already created in Candid.
👉🏻 Please note that any test accounts that are created are temporary and will be periodically removed from our system in order to keep our database clean. If you need to use your test account for longer than a week please let our support team know.