So, What is Candid?
Candid Wholesale is a web application that is designed for managing wholesale relationships, products, orders, shipments, and payments.
Some of our core features are:
- a branded, shoppable wholesale catalog for brands
- a purchase management dashboard for retailers
- streamlined invoicing and in-app payment processing
- the ability for brands to integrate their ecommerce store's catalog and inventory
- shipping management integrations with ShipStation and Extensiv
- Quickbooks integration (and Xero coming soon!)
- Zapier integration for connecting all your apps
- a system of record for all of your orders
- an integrated, relationship-focused CRM
- inventory management options
- detailed sales and order reporting
- personalized customer support through email and chat
Depending on whether you're a brand or a retailer Candid has these distinct sections:
1. Dashboard and Settings
2. Sales Orders
3. Purchase Orders
5. Product Manager
6. Wholesale Catalog
7. Storefront for Brands
What don't you do?
- We don't replace your DTC store
- We don't replace your accounting software
- We don't replace your shipping software
- We don't charge order transaction fees
- We don't collect, share or sell personal data
- We don't charge buyers any fees
Why should you try Candid?
- You don't have to change the way you do business to do it better with Candid.
- You can still use another platform and be on Candid at the same time.
- You can use Candid with any brand or any retailer, anywhere in the world.
- Vetted brands and retailers.
- Helps you stay organized by moving away from relying solely on handwritten orders, pdfs, and spreadsheets.
- Contracts are not required and you can cancel or change your subscription at any time.
- We listen to your feedback and take it seriously. Candid was created to make wholesale business easier and we are always learning new ways to do that from our amazing community of buyers and sellers.
Are you a marketplace?
Candid is not a marketplace but we are often mistaken for one because marketplaces have become so common in the wholesale business world. Instead, Candid is primarily a software tool used to manage all of your wholesale activities in one place. We also stand out from the crowd by being all about customer relationships and direct communication between sellers and buyers.
Most marketplaces are good for finding new brands, but that's about it and they generally offer greater benefits to the buyer and less to the seller. You also run the risk of competing with similar brands and having fewer repeat customers. Candid's software, however, makes it easy to create and maintain relationships - sellers get to know buyers, see order history and have direct communication. Candid will also never advertise competitors’ goods to your customers, which is the core feature of most marketplaces.
Does it cost anything for buyers to use?
No, Candid is completely free for buyers to use.
Does Candid work internationally?
Absolutely! Candid will work in any country, with the understanding that our platform is only available in English currently. To learn more about using Candid internationally, we highly recommend booking a demo to make sure our system will work for your business needs. You can also learn more here: International Support For Brands
What do I need to use Candid?
- An ecommerce store or CSV to upload your products to Candid from (you can also add products manually)
- A location to ship from
- A way to accept payments
Note: We currently integrate with Shopify, Squarespace, and WooCommerce.
- Reseller license (varies by state or region)
- A location to receive shipments
- A unique web address to verify your account (retail website or social media)
Ready to get started? Sign up here
Want to talk to someone first? Click here to book a demo
How to contact support
You can reach out to us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. The support team is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Pacific Time. If you message us outside of normal business hours we will respond to you promptly the next business day.
Feeling social? Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn